The biggest challenge for B2B marketers is from where to generate leads because without leads…..no clients……no revenue……means your business will sink! If you are new to B2B lead generation then here is how it works.
In the B2B arena, leads can be got from applying different marketing strategies. Be SMART and create a lead generation strategy. Use the proven SMART framework –
- S – Specific and detailed plan
- M – Meaningful to your target audience
- A – Actionable to achieve concrete results
- R – Relevant to your vision and mission
- T – Timeline for every lead generation activity
Businesses take help from the professionals at Improve & Grow to create SMART B2B lead generation strategies.
Make a list of potential leads
- Create a highly targeted list of potential leads from your existing customer base.
- Develop an ICP or Ideal Customer Profile. It helps in not wasting time on people who will not respond.
- ICP helps to track quality leads.
- ICP helps to understand potential clients and get familiar with your target audience. It can be a CMO or CEO or Marketing Manager. Each title differs, so identify and create content accordingly.
You got familiar with your target customer and created a B2B sales lead list….now start the lead generation process.
Digital marketing for lead generation
Online resources include social media, SEO, and content marketing. All the methods include creating relevant content to target customers and promote on different online channels.
- Social media helps to reach a wide audience and opportunities to start a lead generation campaign.
- You have the list of potential leads; it is time to reach out.
- Inbound sales are the best way bit ensure to use the correct channel.
- Social media is the best way to gain more insights into prospects. It is a cost-effective way of lead generation.
- Linkedln, Facebook, and Instagram are the top three social media platforms to target. Establish the right lead generation strategies and use a convincing CTA for driving qualified prospects to your website.
- Search Engine Optimization or SEO is essential because it enhances ranking. Top ranking means more visibility and better brand recognition.
- Posting engaging and simple content is useful. More than 75% of B2B businesses use content marketing for lead generation.
- Choose an appropriate content strategy because it affects the leads. Fun and witty content can grab attention, attract them and transform them into leads and possible customers.
- The message in the content has to be friendly and simple.
- Guest blogging will also help to reflect your expertise, skills, and knowledge in the B2B niche sector. Keep blogs simple because people get frustrated with sophisticated words and jargon.
Follow up leads
It is essential to monitor the buyer’s journey once they enter the sales funnel. Lead generation strategies aim to nudge potential customers within the sales funnel. To prevent lead unproductivity, lead tracking and marketing research is helpful to find out if the people targeted are right or you are wasting resources.
Regular monitoring, evaluating, and tweaking the approach allow grabbing qualified leads that can be missed if ignored. Lead generation success is based on well-plotted choices and strategic tactics.